Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Politics wedged inside a sexy Jimmy Choo-pump

I don't impress easily. I've been blessed/cursed with this inner-expectancy nature. So when I meet - who most would assume to be- impressive people, I am anything but. However, as with any earthly-thing, there is an exception to even the sternest of rules. Mohandas "the mahatma" Gandhi is the exception to mine. Dec. 13, '08 I declared in a blog-post that I am not a political person. What the hell does that even mean?! LOL. Needless to say, I retract my statement. I am EXTREMELY political, in fact.

For the lesser-endowed:
Politics are not always a matter of rights, moreover one of reason. And any enlightened person will beg to reason. I don't necessarily believe in justice based on right and wrong. Thus where my initial political-ignorance stemmed. I am, however, partial to the idea of good and bad. And its with that, that I've changed my views. One with a 'valid' opinion should always be willing to voice it in any such manner. Hell! even an invalid opinion should be spoken/heard. Perhaps THEN, learning will occur. ANYWHO! Alongside my reading the 700+ bio. written about The Mahatma, I saw a movie based on his life this past wkend [which ceratinly made what I've read so far more understandable lol].

"No one had ever succeeded pinning Gandhi to paper..." and nor will I try. I don't want to. I feel like AT BEST, I'd be discrediting his accomplishments by attempting to grasp/convey them through what is my uninformed, inexperienced, premature words and ideas. But I can encourage you to become familiar with him. Not just know him. Understand him. incredible.

No comments: